Friday, March 16, 2012

The Coffee Diaries-Chapter 5

Westport Coffee House
     I'll admit I felt a slight biased to this entry since I used to live in close proximity and practically had my mail forwarded there more than once. I visited them on this occasion on a Sunday morning and asked the same question-"What's good here?" and was surprised to find that among the several specialties of the house, the Guatemalan roast drip coffee was what the staff recommends.
     It is a smooth, tasty cup of coffee and perhaps this is where my biased kicked in because I would have thought there would have been something on a grander scale. Looking back on it though, I  guess it does pretty well sum up the whole WCH experience. Is WCH the Disneyland of coffee houses? No, but it's a comfortable place to hang out and write or have a meeting or any other of the dozen things I've done there. It is what it is because that's what it needs to be, a hot, pleasant flavored beverage that gets the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment