Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Good Guys Wear Black

     Chuck Norris was hitting his stride as an action hero in this 1978 release. This was also his second time in a leading role. He plays John T. Booker, a former C.I.A. black operative who's now trying to figure out why men from his last mission are being killed off after five years.
     Ted Post directed this movie that seems to be the Godfather of the '80's action genre and beyond. You can see the basis of practically every character from John Matrix to Jack Bauer in this film. I cant say that I'm a huge fan of this movie since I've always considered Chuck's Golden Age to span from 1979 to 1986 with the exception of An Eye For An Eye.
     The first two Missing In Action films I've always considered to be the re-birth of his career when he started working for Cannon. They were the necessary evils to get to Invasion U.S.A. and The Delta Force. I know that it's popular to bag on Firewalker but truth be told, I don't hate it. I saw it theatrically in 1986 and haven't seen it since, it just didn't make that strong of an impression on me. I also happened to see The Wraith right after it so the palate was cleansed before it could sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment